24 Aug 2018

Update to page, new games, updated mod.

Hello!

I haven't been posting for a while now, I'm sorry. There is couple of things I want to talk about.

There is new My Mods page on the site that conveniently links to all mods I've done. I also updated my Rock Metal Folk Music Pack, it has grown more popular recently and people were giving positive feedback, both in likes and comments. They were also asking for new songs.So I guess I'll make few people very happy. And every song is programmed to play when certain conditions are met in game.It was nice to get back to basic C++ ^^. Good practice.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNT:
+ People are willing to give a feedback very long time after game/mod has been published, so don't lose hope.
+ It's important to interact and listen to the community.
WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER:
- Respond to feedback quicker.

I've been also trying to one simple game per month, whenever following tutorial or not, making all the pieces aside of sound by myself. It has produced an pong and arkanoid clones, which you can find in My Games sub-page to try them out.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNT:
+ Doing first game with option for being played by two people.
+ Resolved some bounce/stuck bugs and programming errors with collisions.
+ It's very easy to make placeholder "art".
WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER:
- Work faster on things.
- Avoid the mistakes by writing better, but longer code.

I'm also trying to learn to do web dev, so hopefully I could do it professionally in the future, so I could live of programming. ^^ Wish me luck.

And stay classy, yours,

Anh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Space Sokoban